This will work on any Olivetti or Konica Minolta based colour MFD that has a booklet folding unit in the Finisher. These are Instructions for printing on to a Card/Thick cover and getting it folded and NOT having the print rub off or smear. This will work if you just want to do a 4 page (1 sheet of thick paper) Booklet or add a thick cover to booklet. It is important to only tell the machine it has thick paper in the machine and not select thick in the print driver.
Please see below on how to print on to thick paper/card and fold etc.
- Log in to machine and select copy screen
- Place card in bypass, a window should pop up on the display.
- Select thick 1 or thick 2 – do not select thick 3 as this will not work with these settings.
- From your computer, go to print and select printer properties
- Under Basic, change Paper Tray to Tray 1 – you won’t be using this if it is a 4 page booklet.
- Next go to Layout and select Booklet under Print Type.
- Next go to Finish and select Center Staple & Fold or Half Fold, both will work
- Next go to Cover Mode, turn on Front Cover, select Print and select Bypass Tray as the source.
- Next Click OK then click print
It should then print out from the bypass tray and the print should not get smeared.
Should you need any further help then please contact Elmdale Maintenance on 01189821444